Well, I’ve accepted another challenge, and mean to make a meme out of it.
Upon looking at the blogs I read, I’ve found a gem of a challenge: a speed run, a race.
How quickly can you utterly destroy the Hellfire Ramparts? How quickly can you mow through that instance, looting all your kills, and destroying the generals and monsters of Kargath Bladefist?
Nance was the first to attempt and post this challenge (to my knowledge) to the internether in general. He posted his time here.
There are, as always, some rules to this challenge.
Rules and Guidelines
- Start the timer the second you walk inside.
- You have to kill everything inside.
- You have to loot everything inside. Skinning is optional.
- Stop the timer the second you walk outside.
This is what I managed.
Needless to say, I am pleased with time; however, I know I could do a lot better. For one, I took a lot of time trying to maneuver Jormungandr away from the corpses in order to loot them. I also didn’t take enough risks in an attempt to pull MORE mobs at once to volley.
Nonetheless, that’s my time right now. Which, I might add, is the record! I’d like to add some further rules though, if I may…
- To keep costs down, no raid foods and flasks. Health and Mana potions included.
- Bandages and plain food/drink (Mana Strudel works well!) are fine though, to help with the speedy recovery of a bad pull.
There ya have it, my fabulousness for all to see! If you want to try it out, but don’t have a blog, then post your times here in the comments. If you DO have a blog, then write a post! If you’re not a hunter, but want to try this anyway, then do a speed run for your class! I’d be particularly interested in seeing how Priests might manage this, or Mages.
Give it a shot! Hellfire Ramparts Speed Run Meme Starts…